100% All Natural Deer antler chews are made from the sheds of deer. Antler chews contain many of the best nutrients that your dog craves: calcium, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, magnesium, iron, zinc & manganese. Odor-free, long lasting, with beneficial nutrients, these antler chews will keep your dog entertained for hours!
* You receive ONE ANTLER for each purchase, the photo is to show the difference in sizes.
* Bone-like sturdiness, very unlikely to splinter or chip.
* Made of natural calcium and phosphorus"”beneficial nutrients with nothing artificial.
* Completely natural healthy dog treat"”no bleaching, chemical processing, or dying.
* Odor-free and stain-free"”no sticky residue to leave on your floors or carpets.
* Wear much more slowly than a rawhide or synthetic bone.
Where do antler chews come from?
All our antlers are Grade A antlers. Grade A means that they are fresh and have little exposure to weathering. The antlers come from the US and Alaska and all antler collectors have an agreement to collect the antlers in an ethical, legal, and environmentally sound manner. The antlers are processed in Oregon to control the antler quality. Testing is done by an independent food lab to ensure there are no harmful bacteria or viruses on the antler.
The male gender of deer naturally grow new antlers each year. These antler are then shed in late winter and early spring. The shed process occurs approximately during a 30 to 45 day period. Once the antlers are shed new growth will begin immediately. Antlers will normally grow larger each year until the animal's prime or peak is reached after which the antler will regress.
After shedding the antlers are collected then cut into lengths that are appropriate for various sizes of dogs. All cut edges are sanded smooth for the dog's safety.
Antlers naturally vary in color, shape and size. The antlers you receive may differ from those pictured.
XS: under 1.5oz. (approx. 2-4") recommended for dogs under 15lb.
Small: 1.5-2.5oz. (approx. 4-5") recommended for 10-25lb. dogs
Medium: 2.5-4.5oz. (approx. 5-8") recommended for 15-45lb. dogs
Large: 4.5-7oz. (approx. 6-9") recommended for 30-80lb. dogs
XL: 7-10oz. (approx. 6-12") recommended for dogs over 45lb. dogs